On Sunday I gave my very first workshop on the Disruptor. The aim was to give people some hands-on coding experience using the syntax. Because time was limited (you can’t get people to build an entire application architecture in 2.5 hours) the example is somewhat contrived, and needs a big leap to make it into a proper application context. But the workshop should:
- Give an overview of the Disruptor
- Show how to create a simple one producer, one consumer example.
- Show how to wire up a parallel event handler
- Show how to how (and why) to create a diamond dependency graph.
- Extrapolate beyond these very simple examples to something closer to a real world architecture.