How do you keep your skills up to date in this fast-moving and turbulant industry?
It’s all about Containers, Serverless and Reactive Programming right now! ProgSCon London will explore these trends with leading industry experts. Several talks will also feature Blockchain, Microservices and Big Data.”
You’re here at ProgSCon to hear all about the latest trends in technology, to learn about them and decide which ones to apply and figure out how. But it’s a tall order, learning to be a fully buzzword compliant developer, architect or lead, especially when What’s Hot changes on practically a daily basis.
During this talk, Trisha will give an irreverent overview of the current technical landscape and present a survival guide for those who want to stay ahead in this turbulent industry.
These are the sources I mention in the talk and some of the tools I personally use to help organise my news. Definite slant towards the Java / JVM world.
You can subscribe to receive regular updates via email too if you prefer.
- Android Weekly Newsletter
- Groovy Calamari Newsletter
- Kotlin Weekly Newsletter
- Scala Times Newsletter
- Sitepoint Java Newsletter
- Baeldung Weekly Roundup
- Java Annotated Monthly Newsletter
- Feedly - RSS Feed Aggregator
- Pocket - Lets you save articles for reading later, including offline. Useful for commuting.
These are literally the first articles I found with the search “blockchain bluffers guide”. I am in no position to qualify how good they are, but they gave me enough of an overview to make me feel comfortable I wouldn’t make any stupid mistakes in 2 minutes of mentioning Blockchain.
- A Complete Beginner’s Guide To Blockchain
- WTF is the Blockchain? A Guide for Total Beginners
- What is Blockchain Technology? A Step-by-Step Guide For Beginners
I’ve already listed resources for my research in this area in Real World Java 9, but these are particularly used in this presentation:
- Enigma Machine Photo: Adam Foster
- Crossing the Chasm Image
- BA Business Life Magazine Image
- Terminator 2
- Bitcoin Symbol, actual image from Proposal for addition of bitcoin sign